Planet Technology is seeking a Web Content Manager to work for our client located in Sunnyvale, CA.
The Content Management organization is responsible for publishing creative assets, experiences, and critical digital content to our client websites and other platforms across the globe. The Content Manager role reports to a Manager, Interactive Content, and works closely with both the Content Management organization and external teams to ensure all client interactive deliverables are completed accurately and on time. This includes mastery of the content management and publishing operations in support of our client’s product launches and other digital marketing programs, including setting up and managing page structure and content in a CMS (content management system).
Core responsibilities of a Content Manager include day-to-day content management tasks, cross-functional collaboration across the Marcom organization, supporting projects and initiatives from the content management perspective, and maintaining full knowledge of an ever-evolving set of tools and processes.
(Note: This is a role focused on top-quality content production and publishing, with strong experience in content management tools and processes. It is not a content creation, design, or marketing job.)
- Own day-to-day content management operations and tasks in support of product launches, other marketing initiatives, and regular page maintenance
- Ensure the quality of your own deliverables to client
- Collaborate cross-functionally and proactively with internal and external teams, with high attention to communication standards
- Work with developer teams to plan page structures and ways to approach projects.
- Lead smaller projects as assigned with the support of the team
- Balance and prioritize multiple projects, assignments, and launches in a fast-paced, ever-evolving work environment
- Work within the content management org to contribute to documentation and training
- Maintain complete understanding of the complexities of CMS and other internal tools
- Contribute to the evolution of internal platforms and processes by providing feedback on toolsets, UI, best practices, and workflow optimization
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years experience working on web production teams
- Experience with localization and managing content for a global audience, using a CMS
- Knowledge of how content management and other related system processes work
- Experience working with a git client application (Tower, SourceTree, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, JSON, and XML a plus
- Ability to test and report on CMS issues, and communicate those issues to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience working with toolsets as they’re being created and rolled out.
- Demonstrated success working with defined business processes and workflows
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work with others in an unpredictable environment
- Flexible personality and schedule to deal with rapidly-changing, time-constrained launch schedules
- High degree of ownership and accountability
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and patient, with ability to handle ambiguity
Planet Technology, part of The Planet Group, is a global staffing and recruitment firm that specializes in sourcing top talent for roles within the Core Technology, Enterprise Systems, and Creative & Digital sectors.
We go to great lengths to match the needs of our clients with candidates who provide technical solutions. Our holistic vetting process ensures our candidates have both the experience and interests designed to be a fit within your organization. Our consultative approach to placement draws on our expertise within each discipline to ensure the highest level of service and identify experienced candidates. Our team of specialized technology recruiters spans a range of industries but maintains a singular focus: connecting top-shelf tech and creative talent with unique opportunities across the globe.